Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2022, 08:41:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Kinzua-Outdoors.Com forum!

+  My Community
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  N.E.W.C. Champiuonships - Sabatose & Pendelton showcase thier talents
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: N.E.W.C. Champiuonships - Sabatose & Pendelton showcase thier talents  (Read 3247 times)
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« on: September 08, 2008, 10:15:56 AM »

On Sunday the 7th, the N.E.W.C. has finished the 2008 season with Chuck Sabatose and John pendleton blowing away the rest of the field in an impressive display of proffessionalism and talent.

The N.E.W.C. had promissed the anglers a challenging championship with the chance at seeing some great fish brought to the scales from Chautauqua lake, but with the lake turning over the week before, along with the unstable weather anglers had a miserable prefish with talk of only 5 legal fish being caught all week by all the teams.

On Saturday anglers headed off into the dense fog that blanketed the entire lake for nearly 2 hours adding even more challenge to their quest. Chuck Sabatose and John Pendleton proved that their years of experience was needed to figure out the slow bite and ever roaming eyes, but they did so in a huge way.

Topping the field on Saturday with 4 fish weighing 26.29 lbs Chuck and John felt confident that they had put together the winning pattern throughout the day that was filled with dozens of changes before the pattern was figured out.

I asked them what the method was and they just smiled saying patience and persistence was the key as they foccussed all their attention on one area that they had all to themselves. "We were fortunate, we had 4 bites, and landed them all" stated chuck.

Even with their impressive basket of fish, their biggest fish of 8.15 lbs was no match for the team of Ryan Rieger and Greg Knopick who brought the crowd to attention with their fish weighing 8.73 lbs, and anchored their second place position for the day with a total weight of 18.24 lbs for 4 fish.

Anticipation was high at Sundays pre launch meeting with all the anglers still amazed at the top basket of fish from the day before. I spoke with Chuck before take off and he confirmed my thinking, " I think I will have some company today" I said you are probably right.

As anglers were departing the take off, once again, the lake became blanketed by fog just adding to the intensity for the day.

As the anglers came back through the weigh in it had become clear that the day was even tougher fishing then the day before with smaller fish and less fish.

the last team to weigh was Chuck and John and everyone was anxious to see if they were still able to figure out the changing pattern.

Chuck and John brought another 3 fish to the scales weighing 18.07 lbs anchored by the days largest fish of 6.45 lbs.

I asked how the day differed from before, and they did indeed pick up company on their first spot so they said they left and went to a new area away from everyone else and picked up their last two fish along with losing another hog that would have given them the Team of the Year title.

Rounding out the top 5  teams were:

1st - Chuck Sabatose - John Pendelton - (7 fish) 44.36 lbs.
2nd - Ryan Rieger - Greg Knopick - (5 fish) 21.52 lbs
3rd - Bill & Linda Greczyn
4th Larry Johnson - Jason Lawrence
5th - Mike Domachowske - John Nicholas - Brian Hammond - Kevin Hinds

Brian Hammond and Kevin Hinds took this years Team of the Year title at this event.

There were several topics disscussed at the final meeting about the changes that will be made for next years season along with some of the locatioons as well as dates.

Any one wishing to help with their ideas of format changes and location please call or e-mail me immediately, I am in the proccess of setting next years schedule now.

Thank you Mike and Brenda Alviti - owners of the fountain bowl for the gracious hospitality you showed us.

Buffets and beverages were provided daily along with the indoor facility for our awards ceremony. All the anglers were very appreciative and commented on how this was the best place for the events activities to be held.

Thank you to all the sponsors, helpers and anglers for everything this year, and we look forward to seeing you all again next year.

Tom Means
Director
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length