Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2022, 09:46:07 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Kinzua-Outdoors.Com forum!

+  My Community
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  PWT Folding?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PWT Folding?  (Read 4643 times)
Whalesback

View Profile Email
« on: August 27, 2008, 12:28:22 PM »

I heard from a reputable source that this is the PWT's last year on circuit. Has anyone else heard anything about it?
Melissa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:58:09 PM »

Wow, no I have not heard anything about it..... actually I was waiting on thier return to Dunkirk, NY.   Undecided
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 10:42:54 AM »

Yes it's true.

They made the official announcement weeks ago. They have already released jim K.

This is an unfortunate happening, but one that was inevitable.

I am guessing that there were several factors which should concern all anglers, because these same factors will force the discontinuance of other circuits both large national ones, as well as the smaller scale ones meant to provide an avenue for your average weekend fisherman.

my thoughts:
- $$$$$  flw has it, that is what we want to win, many angkers were forced to make a choice on which one to fish.

- $$$$$ sponsors as well as product sponsors, flw has it.

-  $$$$$ for contingencies ( right boat / motor) flw has it.

- tv coverage, hands down flw has the best exposure for all the top anglers in an event.

Whith all the above they equate to the same common denominator - $$$$$$$$$.

flw has dominated and monopolized the tournament scene. this is both good and bad.

If flw brings a team circuit with big $$$$$ added, this will be the dimize off your well known team circuits as well as many of your local ones.

I fished the mwc dunkirk event this past weekend, and the one night I stayed over with the guys, all you heard from "EVERY ANGLER: was how they hate fishing this circuit for reasons I won't state, and they wish the flw would come out east with a team circuit so they didn't have to fish the mwc. 

I personally know how tuff and impossible it is to get any support to help grow the east for your average angler.

Company owners tell me it isn't worth there money to support the east, and anglers continually tell me there coming to fish an event, and never show up.

This is a double edge sword, you need anglers to fish to show sponsors it's worth them supporting a circuit, and if you don't have sponsors, the anglers won't show up.

I know we are tired of trying to run a circuit to gain exposure in the east, and provide the avenue for your average working person to participate in tournaments.
It is expensive and time consuming, and without even breaking even there comes a time that one must evaluate wether it is worth trying to continue.

I am sure this is at least part of what has happened to the pwt, and will probably start to happen to other circuits with the economy the way it is.

Tom
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length