Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2022, 01:16:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Kinzua-Outdoors.Com forum!

+  My Community
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Kids tourney - 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kids tourney - 2008  (Read 7155 times)
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« on: August 12, 2008, 08:45:18 AM »

Wow, was that fun or what.

75 kids and thousands of dollare in prizes later, I am now starting to brain storm for next years event.

I am still wore out from this weekend so I will keep it short, but I want to thank all our sponsors and helpers for there help.

Parents, I also want to thank you for allowing us to enjoy your company for the day as well as letting your kids participate in the days events, thank you.

Please let us know any ideas you might have to help make this a better event next year.

Tom
walleye chick

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 06:19:07 AM »

Omg Tom and Sue!!! Awesome turnout!!  And once again great job! Unfortunately Cub and I had to leave but our kids thought it was the best yet! Even in the rain, and the lack of fish "The Stew Crew" caught. We were sorry tho that Sue Martin didnt show up because Tim has a huge amount of tabs that he wanted to give her. We will just mail them however. He has everyone saving for his cause still !!!  I'm thinkin next year you may have to find a bigger lot to accomodate all the kids, especially when word gets out you gave away bikes and a computer!! Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!!  Sorry we didn't get a chance to "socialize" maybe in Sept???  Oh btw, I already have a new sponsor for next year. My brother-in-law, Bob Prizel (who owns Prizels Pharmacy in the Medical Group in Olean) very much wants to participate. My nephews that fished with us are his sons. This is their second year of fishing, and they are much improved....Connor baited his own hook, and Jarrett did NOT hook Uncle Cub!!!!! Now isn't that what it's all about!!!!!??? lol.......See you all soon, and once again, anyone out there who hasn't checked this tournament out, should come see next year....you'll be hooked!! (Pardon the pun!!! )   
                                                Blessings,
                                                    Tracy
MISSWILLOWCREEK

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 09:22:50 AM »

WALLEYE CHICK, HEY THANKS A MILLION WITH BRINGING ALL THE "CREW" WITH YOU.  (BY THE WAY HOW IS CUBBY?)  I JUST NOW FEEL NORMAL, DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS BECAUSE OF ALL THOSE KID'S OR ALL THE DRINKING I DID???  BOY WHAT A SUCESSFUL WEEKEND IT WAS!! I'M AFRAID OF NEXT YEAR FOR TOM IS ALREADY TALKIN ABOUT HOW HE CAN "OUT DO" WHAT HE DID FOR THIS YEAR...   Roll Eyes  I COULN'T KEEP TRACK OF ALL 75+ KID'S THERE!!! YA I THINK HE NEEDS A BIGGER PARKING LOT ! Wink  GLAD THE KID'S HAD A GOOD TIME, COULDN'T SPEND MUCH TIME WITH THEM LIKE I WANTED TO.  I WILL HAVE TO CATCH YOU WHEN YOU COME BACK NORTH.  TAKE CARE !  C-YOU SOON !

SUE
Miss Walleye

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 11:42:58 AM »

Tom and Sue, you guys are absolutely wonderful!!!! That was definately the best kids tourney yet, and with 73 kids you guys did an amazing job of keeping everything (and everyone) under control. Awesome food, awesome prizes, and awesome people made this one of the best days of my summer. The rain held off until the weigh in (thank God, we had 5 kids, 4 under the age of 12 and rain on the boat would not have been a pleasant experience  Wink) And even though we didn't catch alot of fish (only one we could weigh.. a carp) it was still tons of fun to be out there with my family and cousins. Five bikes and a computer?!?! If you are going to outdo that, you just might have the entire population of Pennsylvania under age 16 entered next year! haha. But seriously I almost cried when I saw the look on the kid's face that got that computer. He picked it right up and carried it over and him and his dad took it to the car. I started to tear up when I saw that look on his face. (Luckily, I got a picture of it). And the boy who asked if he could spray paint his purple girly bike? Absolutely priceless! You guys just keep on doing your wonderful things, you make so many people happy. Sorry we didn't get to do much talking, but I'll be up in September with my parents (as long as I can miss a couple days of my chemistry class.... it's supposed to be pretty tough) and we'll catch up then. And unfortunately my parents had to leave the weigh in before the festivities were over, but we gave them a full recap when they got back. And I would like to thank all the wonderful people who offered my brothers and I a ride back to our camp after they heard of why my parents had to leave. It just made me realize how many truly awesome people and friends my family has in Willowcreek. Thank you guys so much Smiley It sure made my parents happy to hear that as well. Well we will see everyone soon!

Oh and Sue, school will be starting soon so I'll be on the computer more often.  Grin

Hugs!
                 Tarah
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 11:44:41 AM by Miss Walleye » Logged
MISSWILLOWCREEK

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 10:07:29 AM »

NICE TO HEAR FROM YA MISS WALLEYE, I'M SOOOO GLAD THAT YOU ENJOYED THE DAY; EVEN IF IT "HAD" TO RAIN. Angry  YES I HOPE TO SEE YA IN SEPTEMBER, BUT SCHOOL WILL COME FIRST!!! (GOOD LUCK W/ CHEMISTRY!)  CAN'T WAIT TO TALK W/ YOU DURING YOUR FREE TIME AT SCHOOL, AND MY FREE TIME AT WORK!!! LOL!!  YA I HAD TO CATCH MYSELF SEVERAL TIMES DURING THAT DAY TO NOT TEAR UP... I THINK TOM HAD THE HARDEST TIME.  HE FINALLY WAS ABLE TO DO WHAT NO OTHER KID'S TOURNEY HERE IN TOWN HAS DONE.  THE 5 BIKE'S, AND COMPUTER WAS LIKE YOUR MOTHER TOLD ME IS JUST THE BEGINING FOR NEXT YEARS TOURNEY I AM ALREADY TELLING HIM "NOT TO ADVERTISE" FOR YA WE WILL HAVE TO HAVE A BIGGER PARKING LOT AND MY NERVES WILL REALLY BE SHOT!!!! Shocked  THANK GOD WE WILL HOPEFULLY HAVE MORE HELPERS NEXT TIME AND EVEN THE GIRLFRIENDS, AND WIFES ARE STILL COMING UP AND ASKING TO HELP W/ FOOD.  THAT I THINK IS WONDERFUL!! NEXT YEARS BUFFET WILL NEED 4 TABLES !! HAHAHA!!   Cheesy

SUE
huntman

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 03:24:32 PM »

Tom, Sue, and company. All I can say is.....awesome job.

I've spent a good portion of my life up in Kinzua country (use to have a camp up Sugar Run). I hadn't heard of the tournament before a couple weeks ago. I had planned on camping with the wife and three kids, and bringing the boat, and saw this brought up on fisherie.com. Sounded like fun to get into since we were going camping at Willow Bay anyways.......and let me tell you, are we (especially the kids) glad we did. After getting soaked camping, dead battery in the boat, having my 5 year old boy drop a rod over the boat and loosing it, then getting the anchor caught in a stump or something(had to cut the rope), and then only catching a 13" smallmouth, I was going to just cut my loses and head back home. My wife says,"Hey the kids are hungry, why don't we at least go over and eat?"

Well, let me tell you. You saved the weekend for my kids with that unbelievable post tourney party (how did you work out the weather to not rain until it was over? Very good! Smiley). Even for not having any fish to bring in, they were so excited with the stuff they got. My oldest daughter(8 years old) even won one of the bikes! My youngest still sleeps with her stuffed "brierberry" bear she got to pick out from the table! They soon forgot all about the rain and getting soaked camping, and they can't wait till next year. Oh, and now for some reason or another the girls like to go fishing even more now. Grin

Great job!

..........just an aside note. If you know of any camps up around the area for sale, please let me know. My dad sold ours up Sugar Run when my brothers and I were in college, and we regretted it ever since. Nothing like the ANF around the Kinzua area!

Thanks again for an outstanding kids tourney.

Chris
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 07:45:33 AM »

I am glad you all ended up having a good time.

I didn't know if anyone from fish erie would read it or not, glad I posted it .

I hope you all can make it next year, and thank you for bringing the family this year.

Based on the increase of kids this year, with little advertising, everyone is telling me we should have over a hundred kids next year.

It's a lot of work, but it is certainly worth it when we get to look back and reminiss about things that went on that day (kids smiles, and stories, etc), and then the thank you's and kind words from all of you on the forum.

Thanks,

Tom Means
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length