Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2022, 10:15:51 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Kinzua-Outdoors.Com forum!

+  My Community
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Chautauqua Lake fishing report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Chautauqua Lake fishing report  (Read 5900 times)
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« on: July 21, 2008, 10:16:07 AM »

Spent the day looking for some hog eyes at the lake.

The day started out great, with us boating our first fish at 7:50 am. It wieghed 8.3 pounds.

The day slowed down quickly, only managing 2 more eyes at 5 plus pounds, and another 4 banger.

Also boated 1 musky, didn't measure it , probably 32 - 35" range.

I was dissapointed in the days results, but still would have weighed 17 1/2 - 18 pounds for 3 eyes.

All fished were released !!!!!!!

Tom
Whalesback

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:54:55 PM »

Tom:

I hooked one about 7 pounds last weekend while I was down there pitchin' for largemouths. Nothing like catching one by accident. I released her as well.

Mike
Forrest Wood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 05:51:03 AM »

Tom you need to take me walleye fishing up there,  I'd get a kick out of that,  and I need to take you bass fishing up there,  we need to get together sometime,  catch ya later Forrest
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 09:21:57 PM »

Fished Friday for 4 hours looking to get my buddies dad (83 years old ) a big fish.

After fishing for a half an hour, I was able to hand him the pole with a good size fish on. Turn after turn of the handle, and 10 minutes later, I saw the fish splash and told him he had a good Muskie on. During all the excitement he told me he had never caught a muskie ever.

Minutes, later he had the fish just behind the boat, but I didn't think I could get him in the net. A few more turns of the handle, and I got him started in the net, but I had a hard time trying to keep him in there and curl up to fit.

We managed to get him into the boat. I was so happy to see his smile on his face when I held up the fish for him.

The musky was 48", and 25 pounds.

Two hours later I hooked a 5 1/2 pound eye that he landed, and lost a big eye a few minutes later.

Today (saturday), we decided to fish like it was a tourney.

We started at 7:30 am, and quit at 2:10 pm.

The fishing was fair. We started the day off with him landing a 38" musky, 18 pounds. We then landed 5 eye's, and lost one eye.

We had a 6 pound 11 ounce for our largest eye, 1 eye at 6 pounds 4 ounce, 2 eye's at 6 pounds even, and our smallest at 5 ponds.

Our 5 fish tourney limit weighed in at 29 pounds 15 ounces.

The funny part was at noon, I told Jimmy that my goal was to weigh 30 pounds today, We came close.

Jimmy's dad was still smiling tonight at dinner about that musky.

Tom
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:57:47 AM »

Labor day weekend was tuff tuff tuff.Reports from several people telling me the lake was on fire up to wed, then it shut down.We fished from 6:30 - 7:30 saturday, and caught 2 eyes 1 weighed almost 7 pounds, and the other was only 17 1/2". Fished the North end, and marked several pods of eyes on the bottom.Sue and I went Sunday, and it took us most of the day to find them. When we did we caught 2 17 1/2" in ten minutes. Went to go back through them and they were gone!!! This was the biggest school of eyes I had ever marked (a few hundred yards long) and they dissappeared. we started in the South end and marked a lot of fish in one area, but no takewrs, only made one pass then headed to tyhe north end.Fished Monday afternoon for 3 1/2 hours and never marked or caught a fish in the norht end, but did mark fish in the south end.The lake is turning over, with only 3 ft visibility in the south end, and good visibility in the North end, however we had some severe algae bloom in the North end up to 12 ft below the surface.As this change over finishes up this week, the bite shopuld return to normal in time for this weekends championships.I originally thought the championships would be won trolling, but I am changing my thinking based on this past weekend, and saying  50/50 chance either way,I think someone who marks the fish, and then jigs them will bring in n ice baskets of fish, or out of the weeds!!!!!!!!!Tom
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length