Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2022, 12:46:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Kinzua-Outdoors.Com forum!

+  My Community
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Kids without rods?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kids without rods?  (Read 17753 times)
Whalesback

View Profile Email
« on: July 03, 2008, 11:30:46 AM »

I know that Kinzua Outdoors is a promoter of the sport of angling. Does the organization do anything like collect used equipment to donate to the less fortunate? If not, does anyone know of such an organization that does this? I have some old gear that I would rather have in the hands of some aspiring young angler, than sitting in my garage collecting cob webs.
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 02:47:04 PM »

Mike,If the equipment is in useable condition, I woulod gladly pass it along to ther kids.I always try to give at least 1 new outfit away to a kid at each of our events.I am glad we keep getting new families participating, I was strarting to run out of kids that hadn't recieved a new rod and reel from Kinzua Outdoors.Hope to see you at Chatauqua.Tom
Whalesback

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 07:26:27 AM »

Are you bass fishing this weekend at Chataqua? I'll be heading out Thursday afternoon to prefish Friday.
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:02:27 AM »

Doesn't look like it as of now.

They called thursday afternoon to tell me the boat was ready at 3:30. When I called back to find out what time they close, he found out wehile checking the upgrades on the computer that it was programed for the wrong oil, and that all the updates weren't done.

It is p[robably done today, but thge other problem is that minkota has a nation wide back orded on their indestructable trolling motor shaft that I destructed.

He told me tyhey said it would be two weeks.

Now I have to decide wether to drive 4 1/2 hours back and forth to use the boat a couple times, then do it again in a couple weeks when the shaft arrives.

I will say one thing, so far I am very impressed with thew dealership and mechanics at Jammison Marine. They have really been trying to help.

I havn't talked to John Lorenzo to see if he needed someone to sign up with him yet, and I still havn't bought a flippin rod yet for the weed beds.

My partyner went there this past 4-5 of july and did well jigging the weeds for eye's.

Tom
Whalesback

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 10:37:41 AM »

Sorry you can't make it. We'll see you at Oneida then. The last time I was at Chataqua, it was for a bass tournament, and I caught more walleyes than bass while flippin' in that thick stuff. I'll probably try to stick a few eye's while I'm out there this weekend. It'll be a little early for a pre fish, but better than nothing for the championships.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length