Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2022, 10:29:55 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Kinzua-Outdoors.Com forum!

+  My Community
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  New Ranger boat
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New Ranger boat  (Read 26846 times)
MISSWILLOWCREEK

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 09:50:25 AM »

"RED HOT" , "PRITTY" , "S E X Y" ?   HEY HOW ABOUT A NAME THERE CHUCK?Huh JUST KIDDIN, I TOLD TOM TO GO WITH "WILLOWCREEKER" AGAIN BUT HE DIDN'T SAY TO MUCH ON THAT.  I FINALY TOOK MY FIRST "RIDE" IN IT AND IT WAS THE SMOOTHEST RIDE I EVER HAD, TOTALLY LOVED THE BOAT!!!!

PS- NO COMENT ON THE LAST LINE THERE CHUCK!!!!! HE HE HE !!!
ED R

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 09:11:03 AM »

how about 2-HOT-2-TROTT  lol.  can"t wait till next year and maybe get a ride down the lake and back in less than 10 minutes.

Can't use the old name....  that one is retired for good.  unless you want to add "II" at the end.

WILBER would also be a good name.  Roll Eyes

ED R
Whalesback

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 12:00:32 PM »

How about "Weighs and Means"? A little spin off ways and means for how much these toys cost along with Tom's name. Of course the changed spelling of way for what we're all after in the almighty hefty marble eye.
carl milks

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 10:27:46 AM »

How 'bout  "MEAN(S) MACHINE" ?
Craven

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 10:23:52 AM »

How about " Mr. Bucktail"  Grin
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »

Several "CATCHY" names so far.

Ed: 2 hot to trot - like it cause she likes to RUN (FLY).

Mike: weighs and means (business), would get everyone's attention.

Carl: Mean Machine - was what I was called in high scholl because of how I played sports and handled business (wink) I had thought of that one, like it.

Craven: Mr Bucktail- say's it all, and I feel would be a great compliment to my father, the best bucktail man I ever saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a couple others ;   THUNK!!!!!
- KINZUA KID
- WILLOW CREEKER 2

AND MY FAVORITE:

SUUUUUEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MISSWILLOWCREEK

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 09:42:42 AM »

Shocked OH MY MY NAME + YOUR NAME ON THE RANGER.... DON'T KNOW IF EVERYONE GETS THE " SUUUUEEEE" PART OF IT !

& NO I'M NOT A PIG !!!!    Undecided Wink
kemosabby

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 05:28:38 PM »

Well Sue, Tom is very picky about his bait and how it is rigged so how about  MASTER BAITER?
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2008, 01:29:14 AM »

I took it out last night to take sue for another ride, go to dinner at the wolf marina, and make sure all is well before heading to erie.

We had the windshield closed, full gas, two people, and saw 57.4 gps speed consistently going down the lake.  Sweeeeeeetttttt!!!

Off to Erie.

Tom
Melissa

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 07:23:27 PM »

Tom -
Got to see the boat from shore today.. sure is a nice one! Hope it was able to handle the "Big Pond" like you wanted..... did you get wind burn? LOL!!
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 07:54:03 AM »

Mellisa,

Oh ya, wind burned!!!

I never would of thought you could go through (over and above) waves like I did this past week.

That boat keeps impressing me!!!

In the ruff stuff which was most of the week  when I was able to fish for a few hours before driving back to work that evening, I didn't think I was moving as fast as I was, I would look at the gps, and see I am doing 25-30.

During the tourney, we made a long run each afternoon, and let me tell you, I was right, it is the new space shuttle.

That boat doesn't hop over waves at 50 plus, but rather flies over 4 at a time!!!!

Pretty cool listening to the prop as the entire boat is flying out of the water and through the air.

I think my partner thinks I am as crazy man though.

I am definetly impressed with the way the boat is engineered.

Tom
Forrest Wood

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 05:26:47 AM »

Tom be careful jumping the waves and the prop coming out of the water, very very easy to over rev the engine,  nothing on the prop to keep it from going way over 6000 rpms,  when I jump waves in my Ranger bass boat I make sure to back off the throttle if the prop is coming out of the water,  later Forrest
carl milks

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 12:29:49 PM »

Very sound advice Forrest.  You red-line that engine (especially new), and you're gonna need a tow, and a loan for repairs/replacement.  With no resistance on that prop, you're gonna redline her and blow the top end (Connecting rods, crankshaft, wrist pins, cam, timing gears, valves,ect,ect) off that new baby.   And there's another aspect to consider: the dangers of "spearing" an oncoming wave if your timing is off.  From experience, your ribs will be sore for a couple weeks if you do this.  It's like hitting a brick wall.  In other words, BE CAREFUL COWBOY!!!!!   We want you to be around for awhile.   
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length