Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2022, 08:49:54 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Kinzua-Outdoors.Com forum!

+  My Community
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Kinzua Outdoors / N.E.W.C. - June 1st Results
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kinzua Outdoors / N.E.W.C. - June 1st Results  (Read 19827 times)
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« on: June 02, 2008, 12:48:51 PM »

After a month filled with tourneys, I was very pleased to have 49 teams participate in the 2 events.

We had several teams passing on this one due to their big trip to the Nationals this week, Good luck to all that are going, and have a safe trip!!!

The tuff bite was still a factor due to the recent bug hatch, and drastic weather and water temp changes, but even with that and of course the standard mother nature kinzua wind, 11 teams still managed to bring in a limit of fish.

Scot Hoteling and Charlie Black topped the other 48 teams to claim the win.

Kinzua Outdoors top 10 teams were:
1 - Scott Hoteling - Charlie Black
2 - Frank -Doug Mausser
3 - Tim Moonan - Rob Oram
4 - John Maholic - Al Lockwood
5 - Jerry Kelley - Peggy Chappel
6 - William Acklin - Bruce Aplanalp
7 - Brian Hammond - Kevin Hind
8 - Mike Yohe - Gary Massung
9 - Ed Coudriet - Preston Miller
10 - Ryan Rieger - Bob Stone

Big fish was caught by John Maholic - Al Lockwood.

N.E.W.C. Top 5 teams were:

1 - Brian Hammond - Kevin Hind
2 - Ryan Reiger - Bob Stone
3 - Larry Johnson - Rich Fike
4- Ron Terwilliger - Randy Shine
5 - Chuck Sabatose - John Pendelton

Big Fish was caught by Larry Johnson - Rich Fike.

I would like to thank ever one for participating, and a special thanks to all the helpers we had setting up and tearing down.

A big thank you to all ther wives and girlfriends who helped to provide that spectacular buffet, the buffet really makes me wish I was fishing these events.

I hope every one enjoyed themselves and thank you.

Tom Means
Sherky

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:24:12 PM »

Tom,

Like always, you did a great job. I remember the first Kinzua Outdoors tournament when you had just a few teams. Now you are averaging 50. It has been fun to watch the circuit grow.

Steve
J-K

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:55:15 PM »

Congrats to the winners! Sounded like another great tournament!
J-K

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:17:49 PM »

I was wondering if someone could post the weights for the top ten?
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 01:40:41 AM »

J-K,

Weights were 5.50 - 6.86 for top ten.

Lots of those 15 1/4" - 15 1/2" fish again.

They actually caught more than I thought they would with the conditions, and as bad as the bite was during the past week.

Tom
carl milks

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 05:47:27 AM »

Tom & Sue- Kudos on yet another successful tourny & season!!!!   Although the fishing & winds sucked profusely, the HUGE buffet after Sunday's outing sure was great!!!  It's nice to watch this circuit grow from infantcy to what it is today.   Many thanx for the things you guys do.   Smiley
walleye chick

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 06:19:48 AM »

Good job once again, Tom and Sue!! We had a great time as always! ( even tho we only needed one more darn fish!!! Angry ) oh, well. I think next time Team Stewart is going to add a sail to their equipment list!!! Imagine the gas\electric power we could save?? As always it was good to see everyone, and hopefully it wont be till Sept. when we see some of you again!!  Tom , many thanks for picking Michael to help you, and giving him that fishing rod. Cub took the boys out in the morning, Tan caught a 16 1\2  walleye and mike and tim got zilch but they had so much fun, and Mike got to use his new rod. Imagine Cub doing the "boys only" thing and leaving Tarah and I home??!!  What is wrong with that picture!? Truly tho, it was ok, we just had to give cub a hard time! Wink Have a great week everyone!!! blessings!!!
                                                    Tracy
Miss Walleye

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 11:57:17 AM »

Tom, Sue, everyone...

Us "helpers" really did have an awesome time, as I'm sure everyone who fished did. The tournaments really are wonderful. I really hope that we get up there before September, Mom!!! (Trust me, everyone, we will!)

I'm just going to back up my mother in saying how awesome it was for "little" Mike to get up there and help Tom and get a pole. He was so excited to get some line on that rod; it was the first thing we did when we got back to camp! He cannot wait to come back again and catch his first Kinzua fish. He didn't catch anything when Dad took Tim, Tan and him out fishing on Monday (without Mom or I, what's up with that?! lol jk) but we will make sure he catches a fish this summer!

Congrats to the big winners! From what I hear it was pretty windy out there on Sunday. I got some beautiful pictures from the tournament and an amazing video of take-off in the morning with all the boats leaving and the awesome sunrise! Hopefully I will be able to share them with you guys.

Well, everyone have a nice summer until I see you all again!!

Tarah

Oh, and by the way, today is "big" Mike's birthday, so anyone who sees him please tell him happy birthday!  Grin
Sherky

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 05:23:01 PM »

Sue,

I also want to thank you for all that you do for the tournaments. I don't mean to give Tom all the credit.

Steve
MISSWILLOWCREEK

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 08:53:24 AM »

HEY SHERKY,

THANKS FOR ALSO THINKING OF THE "OTHER" PERSON THAT GOES ALONG WITH ALL THE "WORK" WITH GETTING ALL THAT FOOD FOR THE BUFFETT AND ALSO ANY OF THE LITTLE STUFF THAT A MAN WOULDN'T THINK OF (YA KNOW THE ADDED WOMAN'S TOUCH!!!)

BY THE WAY WHAT HAPPENDED TO YOU & HOPE ON SUNDAY, DIDN'T TOM'S BLESSING HELP AT ALL!??? OR WERE YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE FISHING???LOL!!!  Roll Eyes

SUE
Sherky

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 09:37:20 PM »

Sue,

I don't think a blessing from God could have made things better for us. I caught three legal walleyes in three days of fishing. It has been a long time since I have done that bad. My main lake spots didn't produce, I should have been searching more up the river. Anyways, it was still fun. I think Hope enojyed it.

Steve
Whalesback

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 06:08:37 AM »

Tarah:

I would love to see the video of the take off. Is it possible to email it to me at domachow@syr.edu?

Thanks,
Mike
Miss Walleye

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 07:54:06 AM »

Whalesback:
I will get back to you on that. I also am planning on making a slideshow type production of all the tournaments, and you could wait until then. But I could send it to you if you wanted.

Tarah  Smiley
Whalesback

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 09:19:07 AM »

Tarah:

I would love to see what you have, and you could send me the slide show when that's done too. I can be emailed directly at domachow@syr.edu

Thanks,
Mike
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length