Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2022, 10:02:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Kinzua-Outdoors.Com forum!

+  My Community
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  N.E.W.C. JUNE 29th Lake Erie event
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: N.E.W.C. JUNE 29th Lake Erie event  (Read 8268 times)
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« on: June 03, 2008, 11:52:28 AM »

We have a month before the Erie event out of North East marina, and I thought we would get this started allready.

I have more people asking about this event than the past two, should be a good turnout.

I would ask everyone to please pre register early ( at least a $50.00 deposit) so when every one asks two weeks ahead of time how many we have signed up allready, I will be able to give good numbers.

Every one has been waiting till the last couple days and when people aren't pre registered I have to tell anglers how many we actually have signed up.

This is hurting our turn out and your winnings, because people are deciding not to participate because of the lack of pre registering.

We decided not to do a late fee this year for people not pre registering hoping they would do so on there own. This has not been happening other than a couple teams (thank you).

If we don't start to get teams to pre register than we will be forced to change the format.

It is in everyones best interest to help out.

If every one signs up two weeks before the event this will make a great impact on all the events and we will start to see the growth that we anticipate!!!

I only ask for a $50.00 deposit, that certainly isn't going to break the bank for any one who is planning on competing.

I appreciate your help on this matter.

At our last event we had almost a dozen teams that fished the one circuit and was planning on fishing the N.E.W.C., but decided not to fish due to the number I had signed up the morning of the event (4). We had 4 more teams show up that signed up, but the other teams were allready on the water.

I also had 4 or 5 other teams ask me at the D.A.V. event how many we had signed up. Due to lack of pre registering they didn't show up either.

We should of had at least 25 teams at the kinzua event not 8.

When teams start seeing 25 teams signed up early, then we will really start to pick up teams that are waiting to see how many are fishing.

Every one is standing in the background saying they are coming, time to sign up!!!

It is up to you, the anglers who wanted this, to help make it happen now!!!!!

Thank You,
Tom Means
Melissa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 03:08:29 PM »

Tom - I totally understand what you are saying about pre-registration numbers to motivate others to commit.  The more that compete, the bigger the payout.
But I would like to mention the flip side... especially speaking about Lake Erie. Due to the size of someone's boat and the weather report, registration on the day of the tourney can attract teams.
Yes, $50 will not break the bank but safety on a larger body of water, like Lake Erie, will prohibit some teams from pre-registering. $50 is still important.
Lake Erie is our "home water", so if weather permits and barring any uncontrolled circumstances, Team Rogowski will be there!!!! (maybe even get "big fish" 2 year's in a row!!!!) 

P.S. Hopefully the Fish Commission will be at another location for safety checks!!! LOL!!!!
kemosabby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 06:54:58 PM »

Tom, I will be there. All packed up and ready to pick up Rich and head to South Dakota. Chuck
Forrest Wood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 06:17:02 AM »

Melissa if it's the same WCO that has been at Northeast since I was last there, he is something isn't he?  Man that guy gives a bad name to WCO's.  I believe that they have a job to do and it's an important job and most do a great job but that guy is the reason I will never go there again.   NY waters just down the road are a lot more friendly.
MISSWILLOWCREEK

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:57:39 AM »

HEY KEMO,
JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU TO GO AND HAVE A VERY SAFE AND FUN TIME OUT IN S.D.!! WE SURE WILL BE THINKING OF ALL OF YOU OUT THERE!! KINDA WISHING WE WERE OUT THERE WITH YOU ALL, MAYBE NEXT YEAR?Huh  ANYWAYS BE SAFE AND KEEP US INFORMED OF ALL YOUR FISHING REPORTS. 

GO WIN THE BIG ONE !!!!

SUE
Melissa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 04:59:04 PM »

Mr Ed and I headed out for another limit of perch. Heard the boats out of Walnut Creek area on the marine radio catching walleye - 3 colors out with smaller lures. Sounds like this season will be another great one for walleye.
eyegore

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 02:32:49 PM »

Just got back from a week at Erie.  Launch from Walnut.  WOW!  First time there with my own boat.  Trout to Elk trolling plugs from in-lines.  Incredible!!  Can't wait to get back up. 
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 08:06:51 AM »

Glad you had a great time, Erie is awsome.

Hope you can join our fun on Sunday June 29th, out of NorthEast Marina.

We are planning on heading up there this saturday.

Tom
Whalesback

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 07:29:35 AM »

Tom:

You should have received Team Whalesback's downpayment. Has the response to this event increased since your forum post?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length