Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2022, 12:31:10 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Kinzua-Outdoors.Com forum!

+  My Community
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  deer fawns 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: deer fawns 2008  (Read 6202 times)
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« on: May 26, 2008, 04:23:47 PM »

Has any one else been seeing fawns yet?

I saw my first fawn last monday, and we have had 1 born in our back yard also this past week.

I "thunk" I am getting soft because the fawn in our yard sure is a cute little shit.

Like watching a puppy, running anfd jumping around.

Tom
J-K

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »

We seen a fawn leaving the DAV tournament, and we seen 1 tonight heading home from the store.  I only usually see 1 a year, but this year we have been lucky to see a couple. My kids got to see the fawn tonight, we had a great time taking Pics from the jeep!
Whalesback

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:54:46 AM »

Tom:

While we we fishing the tournament yesterday, we had the most remarkable experience with a fawn. We were down in Chappell Bay, and a fawn - couldn't have been 2-3 weeks old, swam-yes swam right behind our boat. It was so close it went under our fishing lines. Of all times not to have a camera. The fawn swam all the way from the south part of the bay to the north. There was no mother in sight. I'm guessing she must have been hit on the highway that we could hear buried behind the trees. That sight was worth the price of admission.

Mike
J-K

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:02:29 PM »

Saw my first set of twins ever this morning.  Boy that was a great way to start the day.  I have seen more fawns this year than i ever have before.  Maybe this is a good sign for this years hunting season.
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 11:23:07 AM »

That  would be quite a sight to watch behind your boat.

Before take off, several teams watched a buck swim across the main lake from the up stream point of willow bay.

We see several deer every year swim across the reservation, and two years ago I almost hit a small bear. I turned it around and followed him all the way back to the onoville shore line.
Miss Walleye

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 04:38:39 PM »

While setting up for the tournament last Sunday, myself and some of the other "helpers" saw a doe with her fawn in the woods behind the store. It was so cute, feeding off of her! That was my first one this year.
Smiley Tarah
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length