Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2022, 01:58:51 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Kinzua-Outdoors.Com forum!

+  My Community
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  DAV "Small Write Up"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DAV "Small Write Up"  (Read 8854 times)
Sherky

View Profile Email
« on: May 23, 2008, 07:22:41 PM »

I know if anyone read last Monday's "Bradford Era" there was a very little story about the DAV tourney. The DAV is one of the largest tournaments in our area. Being an employee, as well as an outdoor writer for the newspaper, we had planned on a large write up.
   Unfortunately, Sunday morning my girl friend became very sick and I spent most of the day and evening with her at the Bradford Hospital. The "Era" could not find anyone else to cover the event. Needless to say, I gathered up the most information I could find that night and wrote the story. I apologize to everyone. I just had to be with my girl friend at the time and getting information was difficult to gather late Sunday night.
   On a positive note, not more than a couple years ago, the newspaper wanted nothing to do with fishing tournaments. They would have me cover the Kinzua Kenny or the DAV and that would be it. I was told one tourney story a year. Well, after a couple of years of arguing, I now have the editors very interested in the fishing tournaments. As of right now, there will never be another local fishing tournament that doesn't get coverage. All in all, things bode well for the future.

Steve Sherk
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 07:16:34 PM »

I would like to thank you steve for you constantly going to bat for all us anglers.

I personally know how hard a fight it was to get the coverage from the paper.

Keep up the great work, and tell Hope I said high.

Tom Means
J-K

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:57:42 AM »

Did the Warren Paper have anything?
J-K

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 11:59:32 AM »

I hope your girlfriend is feeling better!!!  Take good care of her.
5Alive
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 03:48:32 PM »

For those that don't know it, Steve has been pushing hard for some "equal time" and space in the Era for us walleye anglers.  It is appreciated too!  Being a very good walleye fisherdude himself, he knows what it takes to place on Sunday.  As Tom said, he has gone to bat for all of us MANY times and it is greatly appreciated!   Our sport thanks you.   Steve, has the boat gotten wet yet?
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 04:19:33 PM »

Hey Partner,

Steve and his dad left here abouty an hour ago with the new rig.

He has had it out the last two evenings, but know keepers.

I gave the boat the special blessing like I did for bobby stewart, he should be all set.

Oh shit, I think I gave him the bull head blessing by mistake Cheesy Cheesy sorry steve.

Tom
Sherky

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 09:41:18 PM »

Thanks guys for all the great comments. Anyways, Tom sure gave a great blessing. Finally got 3 keepers in the boat. Probably could have had a limit but I only had a couple hours to fish.
Goin Postal

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 06:44:36 AM »

I don't know, but when I saw Steve out on the lake this weekend, it looked more like the "Loveboat" than a fishing boat, lol. Is Hope gonna let you take it out by yourslef soon Steve?Huh
walleye chick

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 05:08:02 AM »

Congrats on finally getting your boat , Steve!! Can't wait to see it!! I bet there are a "few" people standing ready to go fishing with you!! Hope it's big enough my friend! However, the the "main chick" always gets my vote for first seat!! ;)Good luck to you guys this weekend!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length