Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2022, 02:07:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Kinzua-Outdoors.Com forum!

+  My Community
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Kinzua Outdoors - 1st Annual "WOMANS FISHING TOURNAMENT" - Alviti and Ambrose W
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kinzua Outdoors - 1st Annual "WOMANS FISHING TOURNAMENT" - Alviti and Ambrose W  (Read 4310 times)
Tom Means

View Profile Email
« on: August 02, 2010, 11:38:39 AM »

This past Sunday Kinzua Outdoors held the first Annual "Women's Fishing Tournament" on the Kinzua Reservoir.

Competing in this inaugural event were 10 teams ranging in age from 7 - 60 plus, with spectators both older and younger joining in at the weigh ins. When asked how he felt about the first event, Tournament Director, Tom Means stated, "I am extremely pleased with the overall success of the event. Our first walleye tournament Kinzua Outdoors ran had only 4 teams, and look at what we have now! This Woman's Tournament is going to be growing in the next couple years, and I look to make this our Major fundraising event for the future".

Comments from competing teams were consistent throughout the weigh ins: awesome, fun, great idea, fun, great time, fun, learned a lot, fun, running a boat in a tournament is hard work but fun, worn out I fished hard all day but fun, I kept missing fish, fun, lots and lots of laughs!!!!!

After the weigh ins and lunch was finished a meeting was held with the entire group to discuss changes Tom was wishing to make for next years event, and the following format was unanimously agreed upon.

- The event will remain on Sunday so people who have to work on Saturday do not have to take a vacation day.

- There will be no entry fee next year. Instead teams will need to raise a minimum donation, but may raise as much as possible. This donation will then be split 5 ways with 20% going towards each of the following places: Winning payout purse, Expenses, Kinzua Outdoors Annual Kids Tournament, donation to Care for Children, and donation to a Woman's charity that will be decided each year by the participating teams ( such as woman's breast cancer, or other). There will be awards for teams raising the most donations.

- We will keep the competing format the same as this year with 3 categories of fish for total weight, and will allow a male chaperone if desired.

This event allowed for teams to bring in up to 15 fish which could include no more than 5 each of Walleye, Yellow Perch, and White Bass. Teams were also allowed to weigh their biggest fish for the big fish category.

Weighing in not only the most walleyes (4), but also the most total fish (10) was Brenda Alviti & Allyson (aka Allicia) Ambrose for a total weight of 8.56 pounds.

Second place with a total of 9 fish, including 3 walleyes for a total weight of 5.80 pounds was the team of Amy Stoltz & Dawn Stoltz.

Third place with a total of 5 fish including 3 walleyes with a total weight of 5.78 pounds was the team of Donna Kelley & Peggy Chappell.

Fourth place with a total of 3 fish, all walleyes for a total weight of 4.34 pounds was the team of Lori & Gabby Sabatose.

Fifth place with a total of 5 fish all perch for a total weight of 2.47 pounds was the team of Sherri Rhoades & Morgan Burdick.

Just missed: Finishing in Sixth place with 4 perch (oops) with a total weight of 2.26 pounds was the team of Crystal Conner & Kayla Yohe.

Big fish for the event was a tie with each team weighing a walleye that tipped the scale at 1.71 pounds. The winners of the award was Donna Kelley & Peggy Chappell, and Brenda Alviti & Allyson (Allicia) Ambrose.

Weighing the smallest fish for the event was the team of Sue Wilcox & Jen Yohe with a weight of .03 pounds.

Also an honorable mention goes out to the two teams of Sue Wilcox, Jen Yohe, Linda Ordiway, who fished the day without a male chapparone, great job girls.

Ten teams brought in a total of 40 fish to the scales.

Along with top 5 and big fish teams receiving plaques, and prize money, There were some special presentations as well including:

1st place team each received a bouquet of yellow roses from Propers florists.

Kayla Yohe age 7, and Gabby Sabatose age 9 each received a floral arangement from Grahams florists for being the youngest as well as our future of these events to grow upon.

Jodie Yohe and Karen Taylor each received a floral arrangement from Pam's floral expressions for being two of the four originators of the event. ( Sue Wilcox and Jen Yohe were the other two).

I would also like to thank the following for their help / support / donations for the event.
Crescent Beer, Corydon Hotel, Rodger & Sherri Rhoades, Jody Yohe & Karen Taylor, Barb & Jim Wilcox, Ron & Lori Terwilliger, Carl & Jennie Milks,Randy Shine, Marie Blume, Carl & Jim Stoltz, Flicker wood, Willow Bay / Allegany management, and the Willows Restaraunt.

I would also like to extend again a very special thank you to all the teams that donated all of their winnings back to Care for Children, and to help cover the cost of the event.

Also a very special "Thank You" goes out to Lindsey Shine winner of the 50/50 raffle who very generously donated the entire winnings back to the event, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

A big thank you goes out to all who helped with this event.

Any one with ideas or wishing to help for next years event, please let me know, we are already in the planning stages so we can release all info for the event by the beginning of the year.

Thank You,
Tom Means
carl milks

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 07:13:33 PM »

Kudos Tom!!!   This was an ingenious idea!!!  Judging by the smiles on the gal's faces as well as the spectators too, I'd say it was a big success and it's gonna grow even bigger.  Was glad to be of some help- we enjoyed it.  Congrats to the winners- all 10 teams- you're ALL winners!!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length